Monday, April 27, 2015

5 Minute Meditation

For those of us practicing mindfulness, it can be difficult to set aside a large chunk of time in the day for prayer or meditation. I find it necessary to carve out an hour to center myself in God's presence. However, while I'm in my stressful school and work environments, I may not be able to find that calming time to relax. This breathing exercise is an incredible way to de-stress, even for 5 minutes. After you calm your breathing, you will be more alert and able to focus fully on the task at hand. Try this exercise once every hour today. I think you'll be amazed at how it changes your outlook on a stressful situation...I know it has for me!

Infographic from this link

How do you quiet your busy mind when you're at school or work?

3 comments:

  1. This is perfect for me! I'm just like you; I don't have the time to set aside an hour to meditate and center myself. However, five minutes is much more manageable and I really like that the entire meditation process is focused on breathing. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried this and I instantly felt relieved! With the stress of upcoming finals, this will help me a lot! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! Just in time for finals, too!

    ReplyDelete