Monday, April 27, 2015

Mindfulness

The last CAM therapy I want to talk about (from Tessa Graf's presentation at Aperion) is mindfulness. This therapy can include meditation, prayer, counseling, and even just being present and aware of the good and the bad in your life. It includes acknowledging and not ignoring that I might not be okay and that I need to have focused time to relax and be alone. I am a lover of Jesus Christ so I pray often as a part of my relationship with Him. God is my constant and my refuge when circumstances and relationships change. I know I can always run to Him when I feel like I can't handle what I'm going through.

Graf says the people who will benefit from this the most are those who live in a fast-paced society (all of us) or who have chronic pain as a result from stress. It is so beneficial to set aside time to be quiet and reflect on your life and things you hope for. You have to individually choose to practice one of these techniques, but I promise you will see results in your decreased stress levels if you are consistent.

Picture from this link

How are you mindful? Do you pray or meditate in the morning?

2 comments:

  1. Yes! This is similar to my posts on self-care. It's always important stop and reflect. It helps think about everything with a clearer mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes if I'm feeling overwhelmed, I'll throw on some ambient music and lie in bed with the lights off and just relax and try to clear my head. It gives me time to think over everything and slow down a bit.

    ReplyDelete