Monday, April 27, 2015

Get Your Yoga On

Believe it or not, you don't have to be the skinny mom at the gym or the dirty hippie guy on the Union Lawn to do yoga. There are many types of yoga, but they all consist of stretching, strengthening, and breathing. According to Tessa Graf from my Apeiron post, the people who best benefit from yoga are those who live in a fast-paced society. Ahem, all of us. It can also help people with mobility problems. Graf gave the example of people in assisted living completing chair yoga. It can be modified for every person and has incredible benefits for stress relief.

I haven't ever consistently done yoga but I would like to start doing short combinations of poses to help strengthen my body and reduce my stress levels. This video from Youtuber erinmotz gives several great stress relief tips and shows you some moves even the newest beginner can try. The best part is, all of this can be done in a dorm room! Let me know what you think, and tell me if you've found other poses that help you! 


2 comments:

  1. I never thought about doing yoga because I never believed I was flexible enough for it. However, this makes me think twice and maybe I'll try to get into it again sometime. Seems like a very, very relaxing form of exercise and why not kill two birds with one stone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This video is great! Thank you for the link!

    ReplyDelete